Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Pecan Cake





If you hate to bake like me, but want to feel like you're putting in all of the effort in the kitchen that The Pioneer Woman seems to, you HAVE to try this recipe.   Make sure to read it to the end before jumping in.  I say that from experience.  The first time I made this, I read one cup of butter, however, my brain processed it as one stick.  So….I was one stick short and it tasted that way.  ;)   The second time I made the recipe, I wasn’t paying attention and prepared the cake mix according to the instructions on the cake box.  Bad choice…..I’ll leave it at that.


Ingredients:
 
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree’
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 box yellow cake mix
1 ½ cups chopped pecans
1 cup of melted butter 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°.

Spray 9”x13” cake pan with non-stick spray.

Mix together the following ingredients:  pumpkin puree’, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.  Pour this mixture into the bottom of the greased pan.
 
 
 

Next sprinkle DRY CAKE MIX over the pumpkin mixture.
 
 

Sprinkle pecans over the delicious creation. 
 
 

Finally, drizzle melted butter over pecans.

Bake for 50-55 minutes.

You’re going to want to dig into this baby the second it comes out of the oven, but firstly, it’ll be HOT (not like the way Miley Cyrus is desperately attempting to be, but hot like “Oh my gosh, I need water….NOW”).  Secondly, it is so much better about 30 minutes after resting from the oven.  Enjoy it!!