Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Our Tubby-Time Toy Terrors Are Over!

Do you have a love/hate relationship with bathtub toys like me?  I LOVE them for obvious reasons....they keep the kids happy and quiet (well, at least not fighting) for thirty minutes while I fold laundry while listening to Wendy Williams from afar.  I HATE them because they lay in the tub or all around the bathroom while not in use.

We used to store them under the bathroom sink, but ultimately a child would get out of the tub, sudsy and soaking wet.  Then I would freak because water would be everywhere.  I also tried the laid back approach which was letting all of the toys in the bottom of the tub, but it seemed like every evening someone would get a puncture wound when attempting to get in the tub.  We've had punctured feet, hands, legs, and tooshies.  So, it was obviously time to find a solution that would actually work for us.

By now you may have figured out that my favorite shopping spots are the Target dollar bins and the Dollar Tree.  I always begin with the Dollar Tree because everything is $1.00, and most of the time I buy stuff that is 2/$1.00.  Target's dollar bins are awesome, but it never fails that I walk around and buy other crap.....I mean, wonderful stuff that I'm sure I'll use someday. ;)  For this project I didn't want to spend more than $5.00, so off to the Dollar Tree I went!

The items I would need popped out at me almost immediately.  The bins were 2/$1.00 and I found 10 suction cup hooks in a pack for $1.00!  And, ladies and gentlemen here is my $2.00 solution to a problem I've had for the last four years!!!



This is super easy to do.  Just add a little water to the back of each suction cup, line two up in a straight line, let sit for a while, then attach the lip of the bin to the hooks.

Do you have a tub toy solution that you'd like to share?  We'd love to hear from you!







Check out these wonderful blogs that this post is linked up with.

Remodelaholic
A Bowl Full of Lemons
 

7 comments :

  1. amazing! I am doing this today! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and thanks for reading our little blog! You are our first REAL comment that wasn't from friends or family, so we're stoked! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for being featured on the ABFOL link party! I did something very similar with command hooks in my closet (http://pinspiredhome.blogspot.com/2013/06/making-most-of-our-closet.html) and it's working great! I should definitely try the suction cups for the tub toys, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim! I checked out your blog a bit this evening and can't wait to check out more!

      Delete
  4. What an awesome idea cant wait to do thid when my little one is older

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! And, thank you for reading our blog, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete