Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby Steps to Organization...

So, Emily approached me and said to start taking pictures of "messy" spots. *Sigh*  Here's the thing, I'm pretty sure the majority of rooms, closets, cabinets, etc. in my home are "messy."  It's a problem, but I am vowing here and now to do something about it...
I WILL take baby steps towards organizing my world.

Here is baby step #1


 
 

This is a catch-all cabinet in my kitchen.  It sadly contains a little of this and a lot of that. 
I gutted it and gave the shelves a quick cleaning, which they desperately needed.  There wasn't much to trash or store elsewhere, so I went to work putting it all back in, but more sensibly this time.  With the help of a small sized green bin I was able to store our first-aid supplies (which I like to stash  downstairs for "emergencies").  I also rearranged the top two shelves, spices and baking supplies.  And 10 minutes later...



 
 

Granted, it's not a huge change, but it's the little things that make a difference.  I figure if I take small steps like this I'll be one organized mama in no time, right?!?!