Saturday, February 15, 2014

DIH Construction Party

 
 
 



So, my little guy recently turned 3 and insisted on a construction party.  While I enjoy his newly found independence, unfortunately, I no longer have control over the party theme (sigh). 

I like to put my personal touch on every party so I rarely run to the party store for decorations.  I like a challenge ;)  I also keep my budget really tight so I buy as many items from the dollar store as possible, like the paper goods and utensils, and then fill in as needed. 






For the personal touches I headed to my local craft store.  I lucked out and their scrapbooking paper was on sale for 3/$0.99.  I grabbed 6 pieces (which was more than enough) to fit in with the theme and I was ready to get started.








The construction signs were as simple as can be.  I traced a square and rounded out the edges when I cut them.  Then, used a stencil for the lettering.  I outlined the letters in pencil and then filled them in with a Sharpie marker.  For the figures, I used a ruler to make the straight edges.  I applied the same steps in making the smaller signs for the food at the buffet.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The birthday banner is my favorite decoration to make and it's also simple.  I do it for all the boys' birthdays and save each one. 

I start by tracing out the triangles onto scrapbook paper, making sure its large enough for the letter size.  I then use a stencil to trace the letters onto a coordinating piece of paper, cut them out and glue them to the triangles.  Next, I use a hole puncher to punch a hole in the top corners of the triangle.  Finally, weave ribbon or string through the holes and enjoy!







For some of the snack food, I used a few of our own dump trucks (we've got plenty) as serving bowls.  Super cute!!!

My decoration grand total was $2.98 including a super cute dump truck balloon...Woo Hoo!  This just goes to show that it doesn't take a ton of money or time to have a fantastically decorated birthday party.

Happy celebrating ;)







No comments :

Post a Comment